Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nic Wilson's Digital Works

I consider Nic Wilson's art as 'digi mixed media interweb wizard collage tumblrism'. It is very nostalgic to me...blending together what reminds me of early 90s computer clip-art with psychedelic components creating a sort of digi-surrealism. It's the art of past, the present, and the future all at once.

Nic writes in his artist statement, "Employing various digital multimedia, I’m not so much after particular meanings or narrative lines as I am interested in assembling networks of association, bringing into tension opposing or contradictory implications: data sets for participants to explore, to be unsettled by, to situate themselves in or in relation to." Nic often creates work to serve as background visuals during DJ sets and increasingly creates visuals for more 'non-traditional' venues such as cognitive behavior web apps.




No comments:

Post a Comment